Design Technical Director
Responsible for a high level of project quality, full client satisfaction and deliverables that are based on sound architectural judgments. Establishes and maintains quality assurance for accuracy, thoroughness, appearance, efficiency and constructability of projects while minimizing liability and cost. Provides technical supervision to ensure that man‐hour and schedule targets are met and provides coordination so projects are performed in a logical sequence to minimize rework and offset scheduling conflicts.
• Personally review and coordinate all work at critical times during each phase including specifications, CAD/REVIT/BIM models, project documents and design intent.
• Approve construction documents for release to bidders, submittal for permitting and as submitted to owners and clients for review and approval.
• Review appropriateness of fees for various project types and review of proposal template, terms and conditions including indemnification needs and work scope clarity.
• Responsible for determining drawing approach, layout, number of drawings and details in concert with office staff.
• Accept responsibility for the thoroughness, completeness, and integrity of project deliverables with the exception of signing and sealing of permit and construction documents
• Analyze building-zoning code for active & potential projects, review permit comments and provide CA support including shop drawing review.
• Proficiency in Revit required
• Experience with RHINO and 3dMax preferred
• Experience with ADOBE Suite – including Photoshop, Acrobat, and InDesign
• Knowledge of relevant building codes and accessibility requirements
• 15+ years of project experience in an architectural practice